A look back at my 1982 project
From the book:
In 1982, inspired by the fact that I had won a few minor photography prizes, sold some of my work, did not enjoy cruising around looking for that disconnected great shot, and an article I read about a photographer who had pre-sold a series of images to promote and help finance a major excursion to Alaska, I determined to give the concept a try and scheduled a month’s leave from work to see what I could do in Acadia National Park in Maine.
• 8.5x11, 88 pages, Hard Bound
• Quality high resolution printing now using pigmented inks on the same paper I use at home, each an original print
• Dust Jacket – pictured above
• Forty Images
• Description of the project and short notes accompanying images
• Hand numbered and signed – printing will be limited to 10 copies. Numbers 6 through 10 available…
Acadia – A Portrait $200.00
The original printer of this book has been absorbed into another company, both increasing the cost and upgrading an already fine printing considerably.
Acadia – A Portrait
I use Bay Photo Books for the ultimate in quality photo-book printing, for which the word "book" is something of a misnomer.
They are high resolution fine art B&W prints done straight from my print files, with the same pigmented inks that I use on my display prints, on a double sided version of the same paper I print on, and then hard bound in embossed black linen. Even the jacket is quality printed and coated for protection.